Sunday, January 18, 2015

Beyond Technique




There comes a time in every culture where we encounter a “paradigm shift” or a change in thinking on the way things are done.  This is happening now in the culture of Jiu-Jitsu with the video release of Beyond Technique by Black Belts Nic Gregoriades and Kit Dale.

Beyond Technique represents a shift for the better in Jiu-Jitsu videos from the days where instructors simply showed individual techniques to instructors highlighting Jiu-Jitsu theory.  This is the theory of how to do Jiu-Jitsu......better...... "overall" and not just with one static technique. 

Many of you know me as an instructor who has produced a number of videos on a wide variety of philosophical subjects ranging from how to be a better student to the CONCEPTS that everyone must know in Jiu-Jitsu.  At the risk of sounding egotistical I like to think of myself as a pioneer in this field.  Nic and Kit have done me one better and produced an entire video on the concepts that will make your Jiu-Jitsu easier and better and not just how to submit someone with the latest move or position.

In this video they cover such subjects as the “Porcupine” concept (one of my favorites) to "Size Specific Strategies" to the “Border Patrol” Idea.  All very effective and something I have put into my game. 

My only gripe is that it really left me wanting more.  You could really do volumes and volumes on this.   I hope they continue.  

 
*Please be aware that I am only endorsing this video and have not recieved any payment for this review or  royalties or profit on the sale of it.  In other words..I aint gettin paid in anyway...So go check it out!




Sign up your email at www.bjjmoves.com for some really awesome Jiu-Jitsu videos that I have been sending out lately.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment